I see you. You’re realizing that another year is moving by and you aren’t any closer to getting that data analyst dream job of yours. It’s really not your fault either. You’ve been so busy trying to keep the wheels on the bus in every aspect of your life and there’s zero time for that whole “chasing your dreams” thing.
Chasing your dreams? You’re probably thinking “I’ve been chasing a whole lotta things, but my dreams isn’t one of them.” Right? You chase your dog, your kids, your people at work, your paycheck to the bank, and on and on…, but not your dreams. Well, listen up. It’s time to put yourself and your dreams of a much better career as a data analyst on the front burner and I’m going to show you exactly how here.
I get it. It’s hard to put yourself on the front burner because there are so many other important people in your life that need your attention. Been there, done that! Here’s the thing though...by putting your dreams of a better career on the front burner, you’re actually putting the future of all those important people on that front burner, too!
There’s never been a better time to get into the data analytics world. It is booming!! There are so many amazing data analyst jobs out there now and more are being added every day. This industry is expected to keep experiencing major growth for many years to come.
Are you ready? Here’s your Three-Step Action Plan to break into the role of Data Analyst!
Make the Commitment
Making the Commitment
The first step is to make a commitment to yourself and keep it. Give yourself a little talk that goes something like this…
“Look, I’ve spent too much time working in that dead-end job that’s taking me nowhere. It’s time to finally get off this hamster wheel and do something that will completely change my future and my family’s future. Today is a new day and it’s the first day of my new amazing future. I’m going all in on committing to building a new career as a data analyst now, so that this is the year that I start making more money, have more freedom, and can work remotely from anywhere I choose.”
OK, did you do that? Good! You are one step closer to your dreams! Now, on to Step #2.
Get the Training
Getting the Training
Step #2 is to get the training you need in order to develop the skills that will land you that new job! You have a few options here:
- Obviously, you can choose to go get that four-year degree that will cost you a gazillion dollars and at least 8 years of your life if you actually plan to keep working while going to college (and we do have to keep working right? I mean we all like electricity!). But, you’ll come out with a boatload of knowledge that you’ll never use and not much that you actually need. Take it from me…I’ve been a data analyst for 30 years now and I know this world inside and out. I’ve hired people for data analyst positions both with and without degrees and I’ve had to train them all in the skills that are actually needed to get the job done.
- You could also choose to join one of the online programs that have 6-12 month courses and cost thousands of dollars and still won’t have the skills you need on the other side of it. These courses are taught by professors that have never worked as data analysts and have no idea what it really takes to excel in the position.
- The third option (and the one I hope you’ll choose) is you can join my Rockstar Data Analytics For Beginners program. I teach my students the skills they actually need to be high-performing data analysts so that they can hit the ground running and impress everyone around them with their skills. I’ve had amazing reviews from my students and they love that the program can be completed in 60 days! And…of course, it’s taught by someone who’s actually been a data analyst for 30 years! I’d love to welcome you into our Rockstar family!
Get all the deets about my program here -> Rockstar Data Analytics for Beginners.
You’ll end my program with:
- the skills needed to analyze any dataset handed to you,
- a beautiful portfolio of work to show prospective employers,
- insider info on where to find all the best jobs, and
- interview secrets to make sure you are selected as one of the top candidates!
Get the Job
Getting the Job
The third and final step is to get the job. We work through all of this and so much more in Module 7 of my Rockstar Data Analytics for Beginners program, but here are some points to remember:
Create a Winning Resume: Remember that your resume is often where employers develop their first impression of you, so make it look amazing! Keep it clean, professional, and succinct. Your resume will likely be the thing that gets you the interview. Don’t discount the importance of it.
Develop a Great Portfolio of Work: Put together a beautiful portfolio that highlights your data analytics work and gives the prospective employer a look at the level of reporting you produce. Employers many times don’t know what to expect from an applicant, so the portfolio closes the gap and will put you ahead of your competition.
Prepare for the Interview: Dress professionally for the interview. Even though the position might be a remote position that allows you to work from home (or wherever you choose), you still need to dress professionally for the interview. You can work in your sweats later on! Speak clearly and confidently.
Send a Thank You Note: Go the extra mile and send a thank you note to your interviewer. Keep it short and thank him/her for taking the time to meet with you. These follow-up thank-you notes can really make all the difference if an employer is trying to decide between a couple of applicants!
Are you ready?
I sincerely hope this info has given you some clear direction on how to get out there and grab one of the amazing data analyst jobs for yourself. I can honestly tell you from experience that it will change your life and you’ll never regret putting in the work to get there!
If there’s anything I can do to help or questions I can answer for you, please email me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
I’d love to help you get into the world of data analytics!
Wishing you all the best,
P.S. Here are a few other posts I think you’ll enjoy:
- 14 Strategies for Creating Engaging Digital Course Content
- Choosing the Right Course Topic When Creating Your Digital Course
- Exploring Different Industries: Data Analysis Careers Beyond Tech
- Mastering Soft Skills for Success in Data Analytics: Beyond the Numbers
- Discovering Your Thinking Style: The Key to Mastering Data Analytics